Now Hiring a Head Chef for Catskill Food Truck
Full Time, excellent salary and benefits! Work in an exciting environment with lots of room to grow.
Seeking a highly qualified, experienced culinary professional with the managerial, conceptual, and hands-on culinary skills required to run and manage our on-site Food Truck, and grow into off-site food truck event services shortly thereafter. The Catskill Brewery food truck is a 20′ x 7′ unit equipped with a 36″w flat top griddle with 3 burner zones, a 48″w refrigerated reach-in bain marie with cutting board workstation, a hot steam table with space for 2 full hotel pan configurations, and miscellaneous stainless work tables, shelves, etc. There is room for a fryer or water boiler, or a few induction burners and can be configured in whatever way works best for the operation and menu being executed. Preparation is done largely at a local commercial commissary kitchen. The purpose of the Catskill Brewery Food Truck is to be a regularly operating unit that primarily serves our taproom Wed-Monday, and as we get comfortable and set up in a stable work flow, we will purchase a wood-fired pizza oven trailer that will serve as our on-site food unit, and the truck itself will be utilized more for seasonal off-site events. But the first step is finding our reliable culinary professional for this aspect of our business. Chef will be an employee of Catskill Brewery, and will be reporting to the Director of Operations and coordinating with the Taproom Manager and Event Manager as necessary. This is a full-time, salaried position, and candidate will be expected to manage all aspects of managing, staffing, and executing the food truck service and operations.
Requirements / Desired Experience
– Minimum 5 years combined experience in a Sous Chef, Chef De Cuisine, or Head Chef position
– At least 2 years in a managerial position
– Must be able to adhere to and operationally manage target budgets for labor, and food costs.
– Must show proven experience in efficient utilization of product, on-hand inventory control, accurate ordering and receiving, and absolutely inscrutable cleanliness standards.
– Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs over-head regularly and push/pull up to 160 lbs occasionally.
– Must have a clean driving record and be able to drive and operate the food truck safely and securely. Must be willing to submit to a driving record review to confirm acceptable status.
– Some experience and basic awareness of gas generators and kitchen equipment maintenance is required.
– 2+ years experience in catering service and preparation
Responsibilities and Skills Desired
– Must understand and follow seasonal, regional agricultural product availability and menu creation should reflect this.
– Must be skilled in a variety of classical cuisines, high-end casual culinary concepts, and both modern and traditional culinary trends. Specific relevant cuisines and methods should include: pizza and wood-fired pizza, Tapas, classical French/Bistro, New-American, Upscale Bar/Pub cuisine, Upscale Mexican, traditional Mediterranean/Upscale Italian, Ramen, Seasonally focused local wild fish and game, smoking and BBQ, stone hearth cooking, classic charcuterie, preservation and fermentation of various products, bread-making, Izakaya, Moroccan, middle-eastern, etc.
– Establish and manage all food purveyor relationships utilizing local farms and producers where possible.
– Staffing, training, and controlling hourly labor in accordance with business needs, seasonal demand, and target budgets.
– Build, execute, and maintain sanitation, cleaning, and food safety logs.
– Menu goals are to be concise, focused, and high-end in a casual service setting. Candidates will be empowered to create all menus within this context.
– Coordinate special event Menus and logistics with Taproom and Event Managers
– Manage all stations of prep, service, and represent the business in a presentable, professional manner at all times.
– This is a largely customer-facing position and as such you will need to represent the brewery in a positive, professional, and engaging manner, and bring high-standards of customer satisfaction.
– Must have intense standards of cleanliness and organization in service and prep areas.
– Menus and execution must be designed for clean, timely execution during service hours.
– Training and cultivating staff to build a team that can confidently and properly execute all areas of the operation when we have off-site events and on-site service simultaneously.
– Ability to design the food truck space, mise en place layout, and workflow necessary to handle high-capacity events of up to 200 people.
– Identify and lay out a framework for off-site event standards and capabilities. Set the standards and be sure we execute them at a high-level consistently.
We are looking for a candidate who wants to be a dedicated and enthusiastic long-term member of our company, delivering high-quality cuisine and customer service experiences for both on-site service and off-site events. Catskill Brewery offers a very competitive salary and benefits package including PTO with roll-over, health and dental insurance options, and a variety of other benefits. We are positioned to begin an expansion of our production space and taproom operations starting in 2023, and we expect to see considerable growth of the brand, and we want candidates who intend on growing with us as a critical part of our team.
Interested candidates should send an introduction and resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org